The safety of our users is very important to us. There are steps that everyone can follow to ensure their safety while using Fitscope. Please take a few minutes to read these tips.
Control your personal information
Provide limited information. Given that all the consultations are via video chat, there is no need to give anybody on Fitscope your physical address. Additionally, channeling all written communications through the messaging feature will prevent other users from knowing your email address or phone number.
Note: Fitscope will never send you an email asking for your username and password information. Any such communication should be reported immediately.
There are red flags to watch out for that may indicate you’re dealing with a scammer. Be aware of anyone who:
- Sends you messages containing links to third-party websites
- Asks to talk or message outside of the Fitscope platform
- Vanishes mysteriously then reappears under a different name
- Asks for your address for any reason (ie, perhaps under the guise of sending gifts or promotional merchandise)
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s advice to avoid online scams is available here:
Report suspicious users
Please report anyone who violates our Terms of Service. Examples of Terms of Service violations include:
- Asking you for donations
- Asking you to pay for a session in a manner other than through the Fitscope Wallet
- Anyone that looks like they could be under the age of 18
- Users sending harassing or offensive messages
- Users behaving inappropriately or committing illegal acts in live-streamed or archived video
- Fraudulent profiles
- Spam or attempts to sell fraudulent services
Seek advice from a doctor before exercising or using natural therapies
To reduce the risk of injury, before beginning any exercise program or following advice from a health or fitness instructor, please consult a healthcare provider for appropriate exercise prescription and safety precautions.
Fitscope does not employ, recommend or endorse any health & fitness service provider or client nor is it responsible for the conduct of any member. Fitscope provides information and tools to help clients and health & fitness professionals connect and make informed decisions. However, each individual is solely responsible for selecting an appropriate client or pro for themselves or their families and for complying with all applicable laws in connection with any employment relationship they establish. Fitscope does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment or engage in any conduct that requires a professional license.
Following these guidelines will help keep Fitscope safe and enjoyable!